Tuesday 18 October 2016

Ritambhara Sahni of Belly Dance Institute Mumbai in a TV Serial - Alif Laila [Sab TV] - scene 1




of

T.V SERIALS





This was around the time i used to run my institute - Ritambhara Sahni's Institute For The Performing Arts. I also would act in television serials. The above video is of my serial Alif Laila by Sagar Arts Productions. This was a fun experience. I went to shoot for the serial to Baroda and Sagar Arts has a villa there. My gosh, they have a chroma room, an editing room, dubbing room, all set up. They have everything in that villa. Artists live there. They have make up men and cameramen and directors who have permanent jobs and stay at the villa. A beautiful canteen where they serve food all day long.

A place and experience - unforgettable. I was a mad bubbly girl .....i would wear my mythological costume and after shooting my scene when the director would say - 'cut'...i would start doing my Hip-Hop steps and the whole shooting staff and artist would be in splits.  hahahaha....i could just never stop dancing. Yes i would do Hip Hop steps in the middle of my scenes in  front of the whole shooting staff in this exact same costume that i wear in the above video. I did make a lot of people laugh and made many new friends who i am still in touch with. However most of the faces in this serial do not work in serials anymore really including me :).


Ritambhara Sahni belly dance institute Mumbai
Ritambhara Sahni in Alif Laila serial


Sagar Arts made so many serials and the shooting of several serials would happen simultaneously at the villa. Acting, getting my make up done and wearing those mythological costumes would make me look so Arabic. Would just want to wear all those costumes and wear a belly dancing belt over it and belly dance. The costumes would multiply my desire to belly dance....all i missed back then in the costumes was the belly dance belt.

In the above video - its a small scene from my serial Alif Laila - aired on Sab Tv. I play the role of Ismatjahaan - a religious girl. I get kidnapped by a witch who is the queen of witches. She then sends me to Zeeshan's house [ the main lead ] by swapping my face with one of her witches who happens to be Zeeshan's wife as her witch could no longer stay in the house. When i get my face back, i come to the house to expose the witch....All my scenes in the serial are about that. The above video is one of the scenes. Will be uploading more scenes from the serial. Count this as ALIF LAILA  - Ritambhara Sahni - scene 1.


Ritambhara Sahni belly dance
Ritambhara Sahni of belly dance institute Mumbai in Alif Laila serial


I love all aspects of performing arts and i miss acting. I shall act someday again real soon. Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni and Ritambhara Sahni's institute for the performing arts are like my babies which i have to look after at each point and thus had to give up on several other careers that i started like voicing, dubbing, acting, singing.

Today with social media ruling - i shall do something about my desire to act, sing and do mimicry again - Stay Tuned :)

To know about me - Ritambhara Sahni and my institute Belly Dance Institute Mumbai - do click on the following links.


Ritambhara Sahni's Belly Dance Institute Mumbai
centers at Colaba, Bandra, Khar and Andheri







Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni 
centers at Colaba, Bandra , Khar and Andheri

PRESS ARTICLES










Bombay Times - Ritambhara Sahni - Her article on Sh'bam Fitness

About Ritambhara Sahni and her Articles-click on the following links to read







20 reasons to belly dance today by Ritambhara Sahni

7 Things About Your 1st Belly Dance Performance by Ritambhara Sahni

Review by Students - click on the following links to read


Testimonial by Students - click on the following links to read


ABOUT BELLY DANCE INSTITUTE MUMBAI - Student information - click on the following links to read


Some more Blog links to Ritambhara Sahni and Belly Dance Institute Mumbai by Ritambhara Sahni















No comments:

Post a Comment